oris horn (BD-Design)

by GC @, Monday, May 23, 2005, 04:38 (6910 days ago)

I want to purchase an oris horn and intend to build it diy without the bass unit. Is it possible to match it with my James subwoofer EM1000?
Thanks .

Tags:

oris horn

by GC, Monday, May 23, 2005, 15:52 (6910 days ago) @ GC
edited by GC, Monday, May 23, 2005, 23:38

I want to purchase an oris horn and intend to build it diy without the bass
unit. Is it possible to match it with my James subwoofer EM1000?
Thanks .

Hi Vince, I went the Oris 200/AER3 route and used that with my existing subwoofer system, a Kinergetics Tower. See the 'Showroom' Using Berts filter before the sub amp, and fiddling with the choices of components you get with the filter, and with his clear instructions, even as a non tech person, I feel I have a perect match. I chucked out all the Kinergetics electronics/crossovers. To sum up, I would say, definitely try it with the Bert filter, bypassing your own sub's xovers. Better than 70% chance it will be fine, and you will get the low growling notes in too..After all, even if the lowest note is a little slow thru the sub, the upper harmonics of that same note will come thru the Oris like lightning, and give the you-are-there CRACK...

Tags:

oris horn

by GC, Wednesday, May 25, 2005, 13:06 (6908 days ago) @ GC

Dear Vince,

I want to purchase an oris horn and intend to build it diy without the bass
unit. Is it possible to match it with my James subwoofer EM1000?

Sorry for the slow reply, my internet connection is most of the time broken and the preparations for my demonstration the coming weekend consume much time...

It is possible to match the Oris 150 (the Oris 200 will be too "small") with your subwoofer but it won't be as good as a dedicated bass system for each channel...

Ciao,

Bert

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread