oris filter (BD-Design)

by GC, Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 19:02 (6898 days ago)

Hi is it possible you can repost your line filter, for the 150 will try again in my new line stage i am building
also does the output pot must be 100k ,can i use a 1ok one
cheer
p.s will now work on a mtm horn array with oris altec front horns and my bass horns ,no idea how it will end up but wifey ok if i sell all my other stuff wish me luck

Tags:

oris filter

by GC, Tuesday, May 31, 2005, 21:10 (6898 days ago) @ GC

Hi Merdy,

Hi is it possible you can repost your line filter, for the 150 will try
again in my new line stage i am building

Here is the basic filter you can start with.

[img]images/uploaded/image30.jpg[/img]

From there you can tune the filter to your room/taste/system. Increasing the first resistor gives deeper bass and lowering the second capacitor gives more mid-bass. Play with the values and listen to the changes so that you hear what you're doing.

also does the output pot must be 100k ,can i use a 1ok one

Such a low value will influence the filter too much. You could lower the values for the resistors (devided by 5) as used in the above filter to prevent that though but that means that you have to increase the value of the capacitors...

5 times lower resistor gives 5 times higher needed capacitance.

p.s will now work on a mtm horn array with oris altec front horns and my
bass horns ,no idea how it will end up but wifey ok if i sell all my other
stuff wish me luck

Good luck! :-P

Ciao,

Bert

Tags:

thank you

by GC, Monday, June 06, 2005, 16:36 (6892 days ago) @ GC

hi this should do the trick, hopefully as over the weekend i tried ading one more front horn using the jbl e140 in an altec 816 cab, i know its not the ultimate driver but in the front horn from 70 to 160 its just made the sound like it was live, its just big with 6 bass horns and the oris in your living room still using the active crossover, so improvent is immenient with the right impedance matching
dude you are leading me to madness
p.s i will be in amsterdam next weekend how far to one that flies near the cuckoos nest are you
cheers

Tags:

thank you

by GC, Monday, June 06, 2005, 17:04 (6892 days ago) @ GC

Hi Merdy,

dude you are leading me to madness

Thanks... :)

p.s i will be in amsterdam next weekend how far to one that flies near the
cuckoos nest are you

About 80km from Schiphol (1 hour by car or 1.5 hour trip by train), feel free to join...

Ciao,

Bert

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread