growler horn info wanted (BD-Design)

by GC, Sunday, August 14, 2005, 00:58 (6823 days ago)

I was looking through the showroom and was impressed by the look of the growler horn and as I am in the process of building a pair of bass reference basic cabinets I was wondering if anyone can tell me about this cabinet ie. how does it sound, and are there plans available.

Jumpin

Tags:

growler horn info wanted

by GC, Sunday, August 14, 2005, 09:39 (6823 days ago) @ GC

Hi Jumpin,

I am not sure what you mean with "Growler", could you explain this?

Plans for the Reference Basic bass enclosures can be downloaded from the downloads section. At this moment it is a zipped file but in a few weeks I'll have nice looking PDF-files for them on-line.

http://www.bd-design.nl/index.html?lang=en-uk&target=d1.html

Ciao,

Bert

Tags:

growler horn info wanted

by GC, Monday, August 15, 2005, 00:48 (6822 days ago) @ GC

Hi Bert

Sorry to cause confusion. I am refering to the bass tower shown on your showroom for your Norwegian Dealer Morten Kristiansen. I did a google search and found ...

" 1.5 watts, Oval 9 Cable, AER MD3, Oris 200, (slung onto the insides of the growler towers, ... German Dealer, Morten Kristiansen "

and assumed that that was the name for the angled bass cabinet. Basically the situation is this: I have a pair of your DB15s working ( not extremely well ) in a Pi seven corner horn and am now ready to build a pair of bass reference basic cabinets. I liked the look of the 'towers' and the fact that it used nonparallel sides. So I was wondering if anybody could tell me anything about them i.e how they sound compared to a standard bass reference cabinet and if there were any plans available for this design.

Kind regards Jumpin

Tags:

growler horn info wanted

by GC, Monday, August 15, 2005, 09:18 (6822 days ago) @ GC

Hi Jumpin,

Best way to act is to write Morten an email (click his serial number) and ask him. I have not heard his system so I can't tell.

Ciao,

Bert

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread