Choice of BD15 for our High-end Hifi project? (BD-Design)

by Jose Hidalgo @, Monday, April 16, 2007, 01:18 (6229 days ago) @ angeloitacare
edited by unknown, Monday, April 16, 2007, 01:21

Just a quick reply to Angelo :

did you come to this conclusion by hearing it,( taste caNot be discussed
) ore just reading abought it, as it is used by many high-end manufactures
out there ? i heard these accuton drivers at a view oportunities, and i
must say: :wacko:
these sound to me horribly hard, like cristal breaking, no deepness and
sounstage at all.... just my opinion.

The big problem with listening is that it is totally subjective. You didn't listen only to a pair of C90-T6 : you listened to the whole speaker cabinets, the amps, the source, and of course, the room. How do you know objectively that it was the fault of the mids ? You just can't. There are no ideal listening conditions. I caNot judge your listening conditions because I wasn't there. I could only objectively judge a pair of speakers if they were in my own living room.

This being said, and without opening up a debate because this is not the subject, please know that we are pursuing a "monitor" approach in our project. The "monitor" sound is quite different from the traditional "Hifi" sound. It's very straight and analytical. You do hear everything (the good and the bad - some bad recordings do even become difficult to hear !), and this really requires some hearing adaptation because it may seem too "hard" or "dry" at first hearing (like cristal breaking ? :grin: ). Have you listened to a Lynx TWO card in an audio PC ? You will probably get the same impression because your ears aren't used to it. I did... in the beginning. After that, it's just pure happiness. :wink:

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread