Bd-15 frequency response (BD-Design)

by madprofessor ⌂, 27777 Ganderkesee, Germany, Friday, April 20, 2007, 11:54 (6225 days ago) @ Bert

Hallo Bert!
Thank You very much for the information supplied!
Just to understand my project: I heard several speakers using the new Thiel ceramic chassis, like Kharma, Avalon or Lumen White. I was very much impressed by the reproduction of that chassis, especially the room-information achieved. But I was less impressed by the dynamics. So I started to build a project with sperical horns. for midrange I use the Thiel C 78/6 wit a 50 cm diameter spherical horn and a very good matched rear cabinet, to have at both sides of the speaker the same acousatical impedance ( I don´t know if that´s the right English term. The German term would be "Strahlungswiderstand). For tweeter I use the Thiel C12/6 also with a spherical horn, about 20 cm diameter. I´ ve build a stand, where I can set the distances of thespeakers in all three dimensions very accurate. The midrange/tweeter-section works very good. By lack of time I use at the moment a bass-enclosure of a Focal Utopia Klone. That doesn´t of course not match the other section.
TodayI did some measurements: the crossover-point should be at about 280Hz- 320 Hz. So I think the BD-15 with the Oris 150 would match perfectly.
For the midrage/Tweeter section I want use a S.E.T. rig, maybe based on 845 or 300B, which has still to be build. For the bass-section I´ve got a good solid-state amp.
Best regards
Stephan

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread