bass orientation? (BD-Design)

by fu_man @, Friday, May 25, 2007, 10:03 (6190 days ago) @ Bert

Well I won't lie to you.... the horns I am building compromise sound quality for looks! there ...i said it.
Well actually I hope for the sound not to be too compromised but looks are important.
There is no room for the ref cabinets below the horns so I am contemplating joining two ref cabinets end to end as a table for the TV which sits between the horns. (I don't do HT so the two are never on at the same time) I have limited sideways space.
First, I have a pair of passive TBI Magellan subs and will see how these go. (Some people substitute these in place of their 225 Avantgarde duo bass units so i thought they would work well in the future for my Orphaens...(but one of my many mistakes they only extend to 200hz so can't reach the 220hz required - i'm so stupid))
But I hope to build the ref cabinets with a pair of BD15's to see the difference and if it works out sell the tbi's.

I'll post a pic when they are ready but it wont be anytime soon. I've set myself an imaginary race to finish the speakers before GC is released! lets just say i started in 2006.....

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread