Oris Reference bass-horn (BD-Design)

by madprofessor ⌂, 27777 Ganderkesee, Germany, Friday, August 24, 2007, 17:52 (6090 days ago) @ Bert

Hallo Bert!
Unfourtunately, the midrange-horns stop at about 330 Hz performing properly.
By adding more capacity to the x-over I can force them to play lower ( the value of x-over capacitor still smaller, than the midrange mounted in a case without horn!) I loose audible performance in the lower midrange especially with voices.
All units are measured properly ( I got all the measurement equipment needed, see : www.gecom-technologies.com )and also tuned for optimum pulse-response.
What was also very interesting: first I used much smaller horns for the tweeters, but I was not satisfied with the uniformity of sound dissipation. Now I took bigger horns, just to have near equal length like the midrange-horns - verv big improvement! The tweeter-horns also could work down to 400 Hz, but the x-over point is 3,6 kHz!.
Of course I can set the port for the Reference-bas - system also to the front, but I was wondering about interference with the backside of the bass-horn?

Best regards
Stephan

P.S. I´m located near Bremen, so I´d like very much to pick up the BD-15´s and horns at Your place, cause I´m very intersted to listen to Your new System!

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread