Impedance mismatch... (BD-Design)

by DeMarko @, Tuesday, February 02, 2010, 18:48 (5211 days ago) @ Bert

Bert!

Now we're talking! I finally understood. Will check the earth, will clean the contacts will not switch to thin wires (you know some people swear by it). Oh! I just realized that I might have my interconnects made of those very thin silver wires, many of them of course, intertwined. Just like these Kondo cables I think

http://www.soundscapehifi.com/kondo-ksl-cables.htm

"4 cores shielded interconnect cable 99.99%Ag 0.1mmD x 52 strands x 2 core (total 104 strands) 99.99%Ag 0.15mmD x 20 strands x 2 core (total 40 strands). All pure silver wire is long term annealed to provide mellowness for total music enjoyment. It is a combination of different diameters (0.1 and 0.15mm strands) based on extensive listening tests.

Tests have shown that the narrow gauge wires give good delicate musical performance but lacks a certain amount of body, while the converse is found to be true for the thicker wires. This "catch 22" situation is cured by the use of their litz construction where 0.1 mm wires are bundled together into 52 strand wires. However, when selecting 0.1 mm wires, they also found 0.15 mm gave good but slightly different sound. Therefore, to cover all aspects of sound quality, the new LP uses bundles of 0.1 mm and 0.15 mm wires".

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread