Some more information... (BD-Design)

by madprofessor ⌂, 27777 Ganderkesee, Germany, Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 09:41 (4960 days ago) @ Klaus Wilke

Hallo Klaus!
In the set ups I used, there is no dynamic compression at all. Maximum power drawn was 200 VA, 800VA peak. I compared the unit to a Matra Space professionel isolation transformer, rated 3000VA: There was audible less noise and more detail in music. Also the flow of music was much better. I also compared the unit to a professionel Elgar 1200VA power source. The Elgar is very noisy, due to the used fans ( must be operated in a different room!) . On the sound I could detecht some grain and harshness with the Elgar.
Both units I used for comparison wre never developed for audio use, which can be seen, by the choiche of components and also can be heard.
At the moment, the new AC-source is used to fed my tube preamp (150VA), my active crossover (35 VA) and my cd-transport (20 VA). The use gives soe real improvement. All units ca kept on line, by bypassing the AC-Source, when not listening to music.
Best regards
Stephan

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread