Oris 150 roll off natural or needs Xover (BD-Design)

by ThomasT, Tuesday, August 28, 2018, 08:45 (2072 days ago) @ ThomasT

Maybe the AER surrounds that fine-powdered were from supplier X who made a bad batch. The AN surrounds are treated cloth. Maybe the cone paper was supplier Y and had a weak area, and the guy who wound the failed voice coil may have had a bad head cold. All I'm pointing out is that it's not Bert's nor AERs fault, it's that the most expensive may not always be 'perfect'.

Much the same as the Rolls Royce Silver Shadow I bought in Hong Kong with just 70K miles on the clock. Within one year the starter and alternator failed and the electric windows multiple times. Garage.. they are made by Lucas not RR. The engine began to spew blue oil smoke. Who knows who had made the piston rings. Then the car went slower and slower. I took at back to the garage, hardly moving at full power. They drained the oil and it was full of metal. Repair I asked. Nah new box. Why I asked. The box is made by General Motors usa for trucks.. but your car is too heavy for this design. Put in a new one and sell it.. I said. Meanwhile my Chines friend Johnny C. had a white RR Silver Shadow with umpteen miles clocked and he said.. not a thing has gone wrong. Lucky he.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread