Women in the house... (Off Topic)

by GC, Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 12:08 (6954 days ago)

A funny story,

I worked with three sisters for two years. Since I don't see them every week anymore, I invited them over to my house for some pancakes etc.

They looked around, judged all the furniture etc. and said that I had taste and that I have a nice house. "But we thought you build speakers?" So I pointed to the LaScala's which now have small open baffles with 3" fulrange drivers on them. (Strangely, a very good match. It's just temporary, until I have good tractrix fronthorns ready for the Lowthers, lot of work when you don't have spare time.)

Anyway, I pointed at the LaScala's and they said: "You mean, the little things on those nice sidetables?"

Who would have thought the LaScala's have a high WAF-factor? :-)

Of course, I played them some Snoop Dogg (they're from a very urban-lifestyle part of Amsterdam, so a rock CD won't do much for them) and switched the bass amp on and off. Now they see they aren't just sidetables...

I'm really enthusiastic about the small fullrange drivers, Monacor SP-30X. Unfiltered, off-axis to smooth out the response. Very dynamic sound, plays very loud (not just for a small driver) and on its baffle, somewhat closer to a rear wall, rolls off exactly where the LaScala's do. I have a very even and coherent sound, very clear, warm and spacious. Really suprising. The scale is a bit small, though, so I want my big horns back!

Ivo

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread