bolts on Lowther ? (Off Topic)

by GC, Wednesday, May 11, 2005, 21:42 (6925 days ago)

After 4 years of waiting/working on my ORISses, they are singing now for 2 weeks. But discovering that I was having alignment or dust issues with PM2a , I decided to take the Lowthers apart. So, first hurdle was taken.
Next one, which spanner to use? People recommended to use a 5/16. Going to different shops, and eventually ended up in an army-dump-shop I got hold off a spanner.
Back at home, the 5/16 side of the spanner was too narrow (????????). But luckily the other side of the spanner (11/32) was useable and was able to remove the cone from one of the driver's magnet.
The second one's bolts were somehow damaged and therefore I would need new bolts and a tightly fitting spanner.
Bert suggested to get a 8 mm spanner and grind it to the exact size. Now I 'just' need to get the right bolts. But which type are these and were can I get them?

Finally, this afternoon, I went to a Harley Davidson shop and asked for their 5/16 and 11/32. (I could have known of course) their US 5/16 bolts were much bigger and could easily mount a complete V-twin block to my Lowther cone.

So the questions are:
What size and what thread type is used for the Lowther drivers? And is there somebody who knows where I can get them, or buy them from?

I want the ORISses back in business ASAP ... because I knew how high-end sounds, but finally heard how music sounds :-P

Thanks,
Rudolf

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread