BMS 4592 ND "standard" vs. "modified" (BD-Design)

by Peter K, Saturday, June 03, 2006, 11:40 (6543 days ago)

Hi Bert,

Since I already have the BMS 4592 ND "standard" version (although 16 Ohm), I would really like to know how your modified version of this driver differs to the standard one soundwise. I fully understand that you do not want to reveal what you have actually done to the drivers, but the sound differences would be very interesting to hear about:smile:

Thanks a lot!

All the best
Peter

Tags:

BMS 4592 ND "standard" vs. "modified"

by Bert @, Saturday, June 03, 2006, 13:14 (6543 days ago) @ Peter K

Hi Peter,

Since I already have the BMS 4592 ND "standard" version (although 16 Ohm), I would really like to know how your modified version of this driver differs to the standard one soundwise. I fully understand that you do not want to reveal what you have actually done to the drivers, but the sound differences would be very interesting to hear about

Yep, I do not want to reveal this. I ruined a pair trying things and spend a lot of time to optimise the drivers and that is not to be given away. There are too many people simply making a copy of ideas and tricks I found out in the past and since I have to make a living out of this business...

Soundwise the differences are pretty big in terms of less "compressed", more "free" and more natural sounding. No harshness left and the "plastic" sound dissapeared...

In combination with the filter it does not sound like a compression driver at all... :cool:

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

by Peter K, Saturday, June 03, 2006, 13:51 (6543 days ago) @ Bert

Hi Bert,

Thanks a lot for your reply! I know what the standard drivers are capable of, but now, I really regret that I did not wait for the modified versions:sad:

All the best
Peter

Tags:

by GC, Saturday, June 03, 2006, 17:04 (6542 days ago) @ Bert

In combination with the filter it does not sound like a compression driver at all... :cool:

NOPE......:heart:

Regards

GC

Tags:

by Flecko @, Sunday, June 04, 2006, 15:24 (6542 days ago) @ GC

Hi Bert,
how complex is the modification? The price difference between a normal pair and a modified is up to 400€ (incl.tax;market price).
greetings Adrian

Tags:

by Bert @, Sunday, June 04, 2006, 16:47 (6541 days ago) @ Flecko

Hi Adrian,

how complex is the modification? The price difference between a normal pair and a modified is up to 400€ (incl.tax;market price).

If you know what you're doing then it takes about 1 hour in total (for each driver). It would be interesting for me (and others) to know where you can buy them for 700 Euro the pair including tax....?

Can you provide me a link to the site or such?

Ciao,

Bert

--

Tags:

by Flecko @, Sunday, June 04, 2006, 17:36 (6541 days ago) @ Bert

Hi Bert,

It would be interesting for me (and others) to know where
you can buy them for 700 Euro the pair including tax....?

1100€+tax(16%)=1276€
1276€-888€=388€

They cost 888€ a pair incl. tax.

Can you provide me a link to the site or such?

http://www.lsv-achenbach.de/shop2/index.htm

greetings Adrian

Tags:

by Bert @, Sunday, June 04, 2006, 17:55 (6541 days ago) @ Flecko

Thanks Adrian,

They cost 888€ a pair incl. tax.

Buying the drivers elsewhere (not modified either) then there is no support to be expected and no package deal to build an Orphean system.

The Orphean price:

2.197 Euro - Package deal (without tax)
2.170 Euro - Same package but with the drivers bought elsewhere (without tax)

Mmmm, looking at those prices makes me wonder why I have reduced the prices so much......

Ciao,

Bert

--

Tags:

by Flecko @, Sunday, June 04, 2006, 18:29 (6541 days ago) @ Bert

Hi Bert

The Orphean price:

2.197 Euro - Package deal (without tax)
2.170 Euro - Same package but with the drivers bought elsewhere (without
tax)

I am just interested in the horns and the driver. I have an active crossover wich I like to use.

greetings Adrian

Tags:

by Bert @, Sunday, June 04, 2006, 19:19 (6541 days ago) @ Flecko

Hi Adrian,

I am just interested in the horns and the driver. I have an active
crossover wich I like to use.

Ah, that makes things more clear to me. Sorry that I thought that you were trying to challenge the prices..., I already had a few emails discussing this and expected the same starting here! :blush:

You are of course free to do your own filtering trying to balance the system but it will be impossible for me to assist you in finding the right balance.

The main reason for the package is that I can assure people that they get exactly the same what I am hearing and besides that, nothing can go wrong because nothing can be altered. Just plug in the amp, start playing and have a good sound...

There are people who do things their own and blame it on the parts they bougth when the sound is not right (without even knowing what they are doing in reality). This reflects back to me as if my products are not good and I am to blame for that?

Again, sorry for the misunderstanding...

Bert

--

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread