Back in the office... (pictures!) (BD-Design)

by Bert @, Sunday, September 24, 2006, 15:53 (6430 days ago)

...after spending some quality time with my German distributor where we "installed" the new Orphean horns and tweaked some other systems. There was not enough time to optimise everything to my personal likings though (that would take weeks and many hours of listening and replacing the speakers).

Not all are genuine BD-Design systems but you can see, feel and hear several Oris horn based systems at AES (www.aes-kassel.de). AES is a shop selling more than just the Oris horns so it is not possible to hear all systems/configurations optimal (limited space and limited freedom to place them around but this is not much different from equipment demo'd elsewhere than at your own listening room). It does give you a good idea about the differences between the different Oris horns in combination with several drive units like AER, Fostex, Visaton, etc....

Here are some pictures of their most important rooms :cool:

[image]
[image]
[image]

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

Back in the office... (pictures!)

by hatfield @, Thursday, October 05, 2006, 19:01 (6419 days ago) @ Bert

beautiful photos! question... can you elaborate on the dual driver (10"?) Oris system standing to the left of the white compact ref/oris system.

I find the smaller footprint of the bass cab very appealing (as would my wife, for sure).

Is this a DIY design or only commercially available?

How does it fair when compared to the compact ref cabs?

[image]

Thanks,
Mike

Tags:

Back in the office... (pictures!)

by Bert @, Thursday, October 05, 2006, 19:53 (6419 days ago) @ hatfield

Hi Mike,

I find the smaller footprint of the bass cab very appealing (as would my wife, for sure).

I agree, at least for the smaller horns.

Is this a DIY design or only commercially available?

As far as I know only commercially available.

How does it fair when compared to the compact ref cabs?

I have no idea. One of the many things not done due to the time spend with the Orphean and the Quasar knock-off shown there.

It was on my "to_do" list though, best is to ask AES in Kassel, they should be able to answer your question related to that system.

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread