A new Oris guy in town (BD-Design)

by Stefan Olofsson, Sweden, Monday, October 30, 2006, 23:24 (6394 days ago)

Hi to you all!

Just bought a pair of Oris Reference Basic 200 with AER MD2 drivers from Antti-Jussi Vaarni in Helsinki Finland.:smile: Drove 1740 km to get them. I live in the south of Sweden.

Bought them unheard and wasn't disappointed when I heard them in Antti's appartment. Thank you all for your stories and reviews in the showroom. You made it easy to take the step. Had to sell my old speakers and amp to finance the deal so now I don't have an amp and can't listen.:sad:

Please come with your suggestions to what amp to go for. Have read about Welborne Labs SETs and Audion Silver Night. What others are there to consider?

-Bert, thanks for an outstanding site and great speakers. Just stumbled on your site when looking for info about high efficiancy speakers and am about to be an addict for life:grin:

I Will upgrade to Ultra as soon as it's financially possible.

until next time,

best regards

Stefan

Tags:

A new Oris guy in town

by Bert @, Monday, October 30, 2006, 23:40 (6394 days ago) @ Stefan Olofsson

Hi Stefan,

Welcome to the club! :smile:

Please come with your suggestions to what amp to go for. Have read about Welborne Labs SETs and Audion Silver Night. What others are there to consider?

You could check out http://www.diyhifisupply.com/diyhs_ladyday.htm

I am using these amps for years now and still like them a lot! They do not cost a fortune either..

-Bert, thanks for an outstanding site and great speakers. Just stumbled on your site when looking for info about high efficiancy speakers and am about to be an addict for life :grin:

Thank you for the trust. You be addicted... :smile:

I Will upgrade to Ultra as soon as it's financially possible.

Take your time, Ill be around for a long time!

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

A new Oris guy in town

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Monday, October 30, 2006, 23:47 (6394 days ago) @ Stefan Olofsson

Drove 1740 km to get them.
I live in the south of Sweden.

Hi Stefan,
I wonder if driving to Bert's place wouldn't be closer. :grazy:
But okay, from there to the north of Lapland is 3000 Km which I just did for fun, once.
Not even a proper sunset there to watch !
:fool:

Peter
:smile:

Tags:

A new Oris guy in town

by Don Reid, Rural Northwest Georgia, USA, Tuesday, October 31, 2006, 20:08 (6393 days ago) @ Stefan Olofsson

Hi Stefan,

Welcome to the club. If you enjoy your Oris as much as I have enjoyed my Oris 150s/AER MD3s you are in for some great listening.

Please come with your suggestions to what amp to go for. Have read about
Welborne Labs SETs and Audion Silver Night. What others are there to
consider?

I have tried numerous amps with my Oris 150s, but I settled on Cary Audio Design 2A3 SET monoblocks. I suspect there are many good 2A3 SET amps, including much less expensive ones, which would really make the Oris 200s sing sweetly. I also have a little Sophia Baby Electric 10 watt class A push-pull tube amp for which I only paid $450.00 US (It was used, but only technically. It had never been out of its factory box. Its tubes had never been hot.) which sounds surprisingly good with my Oris, though not as good as an SET.

Congratulations on your purchase.

Don Reid

Tags:

A new Oris guy in town

by Stefan Olofsson, Sweden, Wednesday, November 01, 2006, 20:40 (6392 days ago) @ Don Reid

Bert, PeterSt and Don, thanks for you kind words and input. I will check out the various SETs. This is what it's all about, asking questions on the forum and getting answers, input and good advice. I will let you know when I have solved my "problem".

/Stefan

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread