easy tweak to Oris horns (BD-Design)

by takman @, Thursday, February 01, 2007, 05:09 (6305 days ago)

I applied the following tweak to my Oris Reference and it was quite effective. Place a big book, like a phone book or dictionary, on top of the hollow tubes where the AER drivers are located. Just open the book at its center and place on top. That's it! Looks terrible, but cleans up the sound quite a bit. Anyone have any other anti-vibration tweaking ideas? Oh, btw, I am trying out the Red Wine Audio amplifiers. They are still breaking in, but are already sounding really really good. Better than the 45 SETs I used before.

Tags:

easy tweak to Oris horns

by fu_man @, Thursday, February 01, 2007, 07:39 (6305 days ago) @ takman

Peter van VennHel has pictures in the "showroom" of a beautiful enclosure for his horns, and describes how he added a sand layer around the horns to good effect.

good luck with the RWA Signature 30 (or 70?) I love mine and bought it in anticipation of moving to horn speakers. I found a very significant change over the first 100hrs or so. 200 hrs are recommended.

BTW: here's a link to a pic of my Signature 30 in an Omega wooden enclosure (box above is an EA modded Ack! Dack in matching enclosure)

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/index.php?topic=35931.0

Tags:

signature 70

by takman @, Thursday, February 01, 2007, 10:41 (6304 days ago) @ fu_man

I still only have about 20 hours or so on them, but it is already becoming extremely impressive. I have read your comments on the Sig 30, and this is part of what prompted me to look into RWA--so thank you! Because they dissipate almost no heat, I wrapped the amps in a fiberglass soundproofing material to see if that helps, and I think it does. This is one tweak that would be difficult to implement with other types of amps.

Tags:

easy tweak to Oris horns

by angeloitacare, Friday, February 02, 2007, 13:31 (6303 days ago) @ fu_man

hi fu_man

did u make any direct comparison of your rws with any set amp?
can u describe the differences ? i still need a dedicated bass amp, may i choose the sig30 for that.

rds angelo

Tags:

easy tweak to Oris horns

by Bert @, Thursday, February 01, 2007, 10:02 (6304 days ago) @ takman

Hi Taki,

You can fill the stands with sand or lead to give it the desired extra weight but do not bolt it to the bass enclosure if that idea comes to mind...

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

easy tweak to Oris horns

by takman @, Thursday, February 01, 2007, 10:47 (6304 days ago) @ Bert

I must try that! Although it would probably be difficult to get the sand/lead to maintain sufficient pressure on the tube above.

Tags:

easy tweak to Oris horns

by Cappy @, Thursday, February 01, 2007, 18:38 (6304 days ago) @ Bert

What do you like between the stands and the bass enclosures these days?

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread