Some more tweaks (BD-Design)

by Gasper, Monday, February 12, 2007, 10:17 (6294 days ago)

Dear Bert and All other friends!

I would like to share with you some latest experiences.

I have made some isolation for my equipment stand and for Oris 150 stand (6moons review- Quest for Sound Isol-Pads), but different thicknes. I have used 5x5 cm 0,5 mm thick cork, stick together with wood glue and on both sides technical rubber (used for anti-slip in industry). I couldn't belive what happend :eek: ; MUCH more detail, more open sound (more space), more clean sound; smoother and more clean bass – in short everything what was said in review. It is worth to try – and original Isol-Pads would be even better, I think.

Also I have play with passive line filter and made it from some finest caps (WIMA) and resistors and connected directly on interconnect cable (not like before: filter-RCAconnector-RCAjack-cable). What did I get you ask? :fool: Everything: more clean, detailed and faster/controled bass.

That's all for now.

Enjoy.:holiday:

Ciao,

Gasper.

Tags:

Some more tweaks

by soundcheck @, Germany, Monday, February 12, 2007, 10:36 (6294 days ago) @ Gasper

Also I have play with passive line filter and made it from some finest
caps (WIMA) and resistors and connected directly on interconnect cable
(not like before: filter-RCAconnector-RCAjack-cable). What did I get you
ask? :fool: Everything: more clean, detailed and faster/controled bass.

As I said earlier. The best connector is no connector, the best binding post is no binding post. My chain (from DAC downwards) doesn't have any of them in!

People having lot's of them in the chain don't have a clue,
what these are doing to their sound (and wallet)!! :wink:

(For DIYer only! :grin: )

Cheers
Klaus

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread