"down under" sub (Off Topic)

by leifchristensen @, Monday, May 14, 2007, 21:12 (6191 days ago)

here ´s the support for the bd 15 twintower with 2245 in 100liter enclosure
soon ready for action under 30hZ
the twintowers will be placed on top of sub
best
Leif
Norway

[image]

Tags:

"down under" sub

by angeloitacare, Tuesday, May 15, 2007, 15:50 (6191 days ago) @ leifchristensen

hi Leif

very nice. how do you drive it ?

Angelo

Tags:

"down under" sub

by leifchristensen @, Tuesday, May 15, 2007, 15:53 (6191 days ago) @ angeloitacare
edited by unknown, Tuesday, May 15, 2007, 16:02

not in operation yet
idea is:
driver driven under box resonance 58hz
unity gain 35hz
eq from elliot sound project 48 ready built
nneeds lots of power ; maybe coldamps from spain bridged to 800watts
best
Leif

Tags:

"down under" sub

by Bert @, Tuesday, May 15, 2007, 20:59 (6190 days ago) @ leifchristensen

Hi Leif,

A steady picture! Nice work on the subs too...I hope you do not have too much trouble to integrate it to the rest of your system!

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

"down under" sub

by leifchristensen @, Tuesday, May 15, 2007, 21:29 (6190 days ago) @ Bert

hello B
I worked 10 months to integrate the twintowers so I´m used to not giving up!
No hurry if it only gets good!
best
Leif

Tags:

"down under" sub

by JAM @, Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 14:42 (6190 days ago) @ leifchristensen

Howdy sheriff!

May I suggest a couple of ElectroVoice 30" sub-subs in addition, just to flesh out the picture...? After all, you can't expect "live" performance from a couple of shoe-boxes!

Tags:

"down under" sub

by leifchristensen @, Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 14:52 (6190 days ago) @ JAM

Actually I think further expansion of the system might lead to immediate need of new lodging!:cool:
best
Leif

Tags:

"down under" sub

by JAM @, Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 15:26 (6190 days ago) @ leifchristensen

Right! The EV elements can be fixed to the wall, you just drill an appropriate hole and use the whole room (or house) as an inverted infinite baffle! A whole new approach to "house music"!! Tweaks include opening/closing of different dorrs and windows, converting the system to bass reflex or transmission line accordingly.

Tags:

"down under" sub

by leifchristensen @, Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 15:38 (6190 days ago) @ JAM

I have checked the infinite baffle options but the room doesn´t allow for correct placement
best
Leif

Tags:

"down under" sub

by GC, Friday, May 18, 2007, 22:09 (6187 days ago) @ leifchristensen

Leif,

The direction is fruitful, I used the low-pass LF resonators foe a few years in past. However, you have to look deeper into means and results pattern. What I mean? OK, how do you know sub 30Hz bass is something that you need. Sure it is nice project but how it related to Sound? The porter bass on your footer towers much more affect sound then anything and provide very powerful masking effect to your lower bass. If I had your setup I would work on midbass not on the lower bass.

Rgs,
Romy the Cat

Tags:

"down under" sub

by leifchristensen @, Saturday, May 19, 2007, 18:20 (6187 days ago) @ GC

Hello R.
The midbass is superb.
I want some more impact in the gut region (where in my opinion there is some room info )and I think I have found a sensible way to do it,but time will tell.
We´ll all know in a few weeks.
I´m now about to assemble a pair of cold amps in bridged 800watt mode (borrowed from a neighbour with an unrealized project lying in the closet!):cool:
Just have to change the 12 volt regulators to 15 volt to supply the elliot eq boards.
I´ll be back.
best
Leif

Tags:

"down under" sub

by GC, Saturday, May 19, 2007, 18:57 (6186 days ago) @ leifchristensen

Well, let me to make my own assessment on my behave if your midbass is superb. Well, it is not as superb as you believe and you have confirmed it in this reply, claiming that you would like to get the “more impact in the gut region”. The point that I was making was that the way you went was not the sensible but rather irrelevant for the actual results. Leif you have to educate yourself about your faulty motivation to get this artificial “gut region” and what in your current woofer towers performer poorly. BTW, let me guess: you use 2-3 order low pass fitter in there….

Rgs,
Romy the Cat

Tags:

"down under" sub

by leifchristensen @, Saturday, May 19, 2007, 20:21 (6186 days ago) @ GC

BS!
You´re wrong!
SRY
best
Leif

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread