Now I hear what a TD+ actually is... (BD-Design)

by GC, Thursday, July 12, 2007, 23:10 (6142 days ago)
edited by GC, Thursday, July 12, 2007, 23:16

Yep guys...Beleive it or not.

I owned my TD+ (short for TwinDAC+) for years now, and I know it's a **** good DAC. However I had choosen not to use it as my main DAC as I had a specific problem not actually, but indirectly however related to that DAC. (Or lack of a pre-amp.)

First: I had a Border Patrol SE300B 8 wattage with a rather low input imp. I had a TD+ with a relative low output voltage and a relative high output imp. A consequence of the TD+ layout to perform so well. Throw a TVC in between and you are left with very little juice for the speakers inspite their insane efficiency.
So at low listening levels I was good off, but going loud, I simply couldn't.

Now, when I have thrown a big wattage amp in with a far higher input imp. and sensitivity as well....wow...then I have the juice. So far so good.

Hence the above I was running GC in #1 mode due to the other OS-DAC doesn't benefit from the #3 Vista.
OK. Now I have the TD+ going feed bit-perfect.

So the above comments were quoted to bring the next into context:

Now I hear it for the first time: I caNot hear it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is there any better recomandation?
I almost appologize for having spent years without having had the opportunity to hear it's real values. Idiot me. :attention:

The TD+'s extraordinaries is suddently audible to me in the real dynamical scale that I want.

So those of you who cares for this non-electronical sounding playback blessings, should really IMO start concentrating a bit on that machine. It's a blessing. And my former DAC left me, not ashamed, but beaten.

If not feed by bit-perfect bits, it offers the same purity and non involvement. Anyone must be able to benefit from it.

GC

Tags:

I told you...

by Bert @, Sunday, July 15, 2007, 15:55 (6139 days ago) @ GC

....good to learn that it finally works out for you too! :cool:

Playing Bit-Perfect from the very beginning without "destroying" it along the way does make the difference! :yes:

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

I told you...

by GC, Sunday, July 15, 2007, 19:54 (6139 days ago) @ Bert

Playing Bit-Perfect from the very beginning without "destroying" it along
the way does make the difference! :yes:

CaNot be more true :cool:

GC :biglol: :biglol: :biglol: :biglol:

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread