Unbiased-biased view (Swing)

by GC, Thursday, December 06, 2007, 14:42 (5996 days ago)
edited by GC, Thursday, December 06, 2007, 18:26

Hello out there in the big world. :bey:

I accidently bumped into this

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/hug/messages/12/129499.html

browsing for some completely different matters.

As I don't want to jump on another forum and have fun there, I prefer to address it here.

It is here indicated that neither mine or others opinions posted on this forum about the Swings are neutral enough to be believed.

Well, none of the posts here about the sound quality from these speakers can be 'neutral' or unbiased in other words, can they?

But they can be of a very very honest deep felt wholehearted subjectiv caracter.

Just valued as 'unbiased' as any Magazine for High-End or any other reviewer raving about this and that.

It's too easy to judge others systems by pointing at posts and pictures, saying, this is not good or this is really good.
Time taught me lessons about doing that.

So as those Swings, at least not yet, has become a world wide plague, it would be easy for any of you to have a listen and learn for your self.

My doors are open, Berts too and soon a lot of others I believe.

Do not hesitate to invite yourselves for a session. If you hate what you hear, I would still love it. No difference to me.

Welcome my place

GC

Tags:

Unbiased-biased view

by Bert @, Thursday, December 06, 2007, 18:12 (5996 days ago) @ GC

Same here, just come over and have a listen so that you can decide yourself.

Many people already did come over though but only a few are writing their experiences about the Swings...

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

Unbiased-biased view

by GC, Thursday, December 06, 2007, 18:57 (5996 days ago) @ Bert

Same here, just come over and have a listen so that you can decide
yourself.

Many people already did come over though but only a few are writing their
experiences about the Swings...

Yes Bert...

I have had many private PM's from people who heard the Swings, both at your place and here. They show even more positive *biased* power than my elaboratings about them on the forum.

It's true that I maybe over anyone else write about them here, but I simply can't help it as I heard nothing like them elsewhere.
Some would maybe think I was nowhere then....hehehe...not so. :cool:

OK. Cool. I think a flight ticket overseas is nowadays priced like a package of cigarettes in Denmark.
So if people have the money it takes to become an owner of the Swings, could easily also pay for cigarettes, smooker or not. :grin:

This forum is for sharing whatever about hi-fi....so I'll continue to praise the Swings as being my favourit for the time being.

GC

Tags:

Unbiased-biased view

by teigetje, Thursday, December 06, 2007, 19:18 (5996 days ago) @ GC

It's too easy to judge others systems by pointing at posts and pictures,
saying, this is not good or this is really good.

GC,

You're so right about this. I always wonder about people who can judge anything as an "expert" by hiding behind someone elses thoughts...
I've been at Bert's place to listen to the Swing, Crazy Amps, DAC and all. As I mentioned before; one has to hear it to become a believer. I don't have any commercial bonding with Bert or his products, but when I had the money for it, I would order the complete range of BD at once...:cool:

Greetz,

Frank

Tags:

Unbiased-biased view

by MikeH @, Friday, December 07, 2007, 01:47 (5996 days ago) @ teigetje

Many of the respected reviewers are way too old to have good high frequency hearing. They should use their experience in the midtrange and bass and refrain from comment on what they can no longer sense accurately.
I am tortured by mushy smashed sibilance everywhere. Crisp highs indeed, a packet of potato crisps... A gritty CRUNCH CRUNCH in my ears.
So many systems are rubbish above 17kHz. They may be flat response but the distortion is terrible.

The insane jabbering of many "reviewers" makes me think they are taking LSD.
The true measure of a good system is the owner's enthusiasm and joy.
The owners virtually coming out into the street, taking strangers by the arm and saying "You must come and listen to this!"

Tags:

Unbiased-biased view

by GC, Friday, December 07, 2007, 08:25 (5995 days ago) @ MikeH
edited by GC, Friday, December 07, 2007, 08:33

Many of the respected reviewers are way too old to have good high frequency
hearing. They should use their experience in the midtrange and bass and
refrain from comment on what they can no longer sense accurately.
I am tortured by mushy smashed sibilance everywhere. Crisp highs indeed, a
packet of potato crisps... A gritty CRUNCH CRUNCH in my ears.
So many systems are rubbish above 17kHz. They may be flat response but the
distortion is terrible.

The insane jabbering of many "reviewers" makes me think they are taking
LSD.
The true measure of a good system is the owner's enthusiasm and joy.
The owners virtually coming out into the street, taking strangers by the
arm and saying "You must come and listen to this!"

Hahaha Mike

For me this is funny. I have great symphaty for your post. It's so pinpointing sharp and illustrative.

The fun comes in because lately I did a sensibility test to my own ears. 13 kHz and goodbuy.
Many years ago I could deal with 18 kHz. Now....bweeehh. :no:

Does it then mean I could have saved >5 kHz from the price of the Swings? :grin: Simply just have bought a good bass/midrange system? Haha...

OK more seriously. You are touching an delicate matter. Reviewers who make their bread and butter from writing about food, cars, cameras, PC's, architecture, audio and bla bla, can they be critical and objective?
From one point of view I caNot see why they caNot. From another point of view I caNot see how they would dare? Adverticement and nice reviews goes together.
(Just for everybodys information. Bert does not advertice in any of my "Magazines", eventhough it's hypotetical this example)

It happened to me as well. I bought quite some gear based on a good review and that gear turned out very disapointing to me.
I read the articles once more, but no, could not have been the same product the reviewer and I listened to.

That lead me to the conclusion that actually peoples own opinions having the gear running themselves, those opinions are much more valuable to me than any magazine review.
And those people raving about their system, such as I do, do not charge you for anything testing their opinions out.
There are not many hi-end shops left on the globe anymore. So the oportunity you have when searching for more is to find one who already poces what you are looking for and ask youself in for a listen.

Therefore I let my doors open should one be triggered by my praisings of the Swings etc. They can hear by themselves if I had a tad to much LSD in my youth. :grin:

GC

Tags:

It Don't Mean a Thing

by diz1, Friday, December 07, 2007, 10:32 (5995 days ago) @ GC

like Duke Ellington says:

It Don't Mean a Thing If It Aint' Got That Swing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb8BGTzxmZQ&feature=related

I hope someday I will hear that swings at my home

Tags:

Yep, very much to the point!

by Bert @, Friday, December 07, 2007, 10:38 (5995 days ago) @ diz1

Thanks...:cool:

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

It Don't Mean a Thing

by GC, Friday, December 07, 2007, 11:15 (5995 days ago) @ diz1

It Don't Mean a Thing If It Aint' Got That Swing :lol:

And if not, then only getting the blues is the alternative. Do you Bert have a plan B?

GC

Tags:

RSS Feed of thread