Lascala (BD-Design)

by Hifido, Wednesday, July 01, 2009, 14:22 (5414 days ago)

Hi. Guys.

Looking for a copy of Berts LaScala bass cabinet drawings. Can anyone help/share?

Thanks Hifido.

Lascala

by trawz @, Wednesday, July 01, 2009, 21:23 (5413 days ago) @ Hifido

Hi Fido
What is so specific about the Berts LaScala's?

Send me a pm and i send you the Jo's LaScala drawing. I have copied a lot of drawings from the internet. All sizes from the Internet are in inches. I have translate that to the metric system. I have Bob Crites new K-33E's. I have plans to buils these speakers in the next months.

Best Regards,

Johan

Lascala

by Bert @, Friday, July 03, 2009, 09:51 (5412 days ago) @ trawz

Hello Johan,

Send me a pm and i send you the Jo's LaScala drawing. I have copied a lot of drawings from the internet. All sizes from the Internet are in inches. I have translate that to the metric system. I have Bob Crites new K-33E's. I have plans to buils these speakers in the next months.

You can upload them here on this forum too though, this way other people do not have to search either.

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Lascala

by Ivo, Wednesday, July 08, 2009, 13:36 (5407 days ago) @ Bert

Hi,

I maintain the Hornloudspeakermagazine.blogspot.com, where I bring together interesting webstuff about horns. I have also compiled links to all Klipsch vintage horn designs. You can find them here:

Klipsch plans

If you click on the title of the page, you come to the main page, with most recent posts on top. I am currently featuring a link to a thread full of simulations of different drivers in the Klipschorn and LaScala cabinet. Bert's BD15 is regarderd as SUPER, but expensive by their standards ($100 Klipsch driver).

Ivo

Lascala

by Bert @, Wednesday, July 08, 2009, 21:05 (5406 days ago) @ Ivo

Hey Ivo,

Thanks for the link and the blog... :wink:

Bert

--

Lascala

by Bert @, Friday, July 03, 2009, 09:50 (5412 days ago) @ Hifido

Helo Hifido,

Looking for a copy of Berts LaScala bass cabinet drawings. Can anyone help/share?

I am not sure what you mean unless you are referring to the ones shown on the VT52 website? If so then I do not have drawings of that one beside a wire diagram with the main dimensions. The horn used in there is a 150Hz tractrix (similar to one of my first square front horns used for Lowthers).

This one is the predecessor of the Ultra system (using the Oris 150) and later implementing the same idea in the Swing's.

It is the best solution having the best of both worlds unless you can live with bass that stops at 50-60Hz.

Bert

--

Lascala

by Hifido, Friday, July 03, 2009, 16:24 (5412 days ago) @ Bert

Hi Bert.
As you know. I have been investigating Bass cabinet options for a system. I noticed on the showcase page a lot of guys are using the LaScala bass cabinet. I thought that the one they are using, was one of your designs.
I now know I can alter my listening area so I can use the corners for speaker placement.With kind help from the guys on the forum and yourself. I have looked at the ATS corner cabinet and the compact reference. I guess I am looking for something that's a little different.It might be the furniture maker coming out in me (my profession). You mention the upload section on the site. I can't find it. How do I get there? I would like to look at the ultra cabinet you mention. The one that led to the swing. Can I find it in the upload section? If you have any other bass cabinet suggestions. I would be grateful.
Hope you dont mind all the enquiries. I want to get it right. And not be wanting to change down the road.

Hifido.

Lascala

by Bert @, Saturday, July 04, 2009, 21:03 (5410 days ago) @ Hifido

I now know I can alter my listening area so I can use the corners for speaker placement.With kind help from the guys on the forum and yourself. I have looked at the ATS corner cabinet and the compact reference. I guess I am looking for something that's a little different. It might be the furniture maker coming out in me (my profession).

Good to know that you can use two solid corners, in that case the ATS would be best as such a system would be most optimal for a small room having speakers squeezed into the corners...

Any other system will be more problematic due to reflections of the waves giving stronger low frequency peaks and dips compared to the behaviour of a corner horn. The only problem is that you can't move the speakers but since you do not have the space anyhow...

You mention the upload section on the site. I can't find it. How do I get there? I would like to look at the ultra cabinet you mention. The one that led to the swing. Can I find it in the upload section?

There isn't an upload section besides the option to upload pictures through the forum itself (just click on the upload button when you're in the edit screen).

If people need to upload something else then they can send me a private mail so that I can give it a spot on my own server and provide a link.

Hope you dont mind all the enquiries. I want to get it right. And not be wanting to change down the road.

No problem whatsoever, it is the best way to act.

Bert

--

RSS Feed of thread