Really Like the Software on the MiniDsp Amps ............... (BD-Design)

by Kevin @, Minneapolis, Thursday, March 28, 2024, 22:51 (30 days ago)

I got my MiniDsp Amps yesterday and set them up today and am listening to them now. The software is a Breath of Fresh air compared to the Hypex. Very intuitive and you can see what you've done. And do things much easier and faster. An the changes are immediate. And no USB cable running to my laptop anymore.... They just connect to my Network.

They must have heard about the hum problem as they don't have the cables tied together anymore. Here is a picture of one my amps. I just put a temporary Oak Board on the bottom for a stand. I will build some nice cases later.

[image]

I know ... ;-)

by Bert @, Friday, March 29, 2024, 11:33 (29 days ago) @ Kevin

I got my MiniDsp Amps yesterday and set them up today and am listening to them now. The software is a Breath of Fresh air compared to the Hypex. Very intuitive and you can see what you've done. And do things much easier and faster. An the changes are immediate. And no USB cable running to my laptop anymore.... They just connect to my Network.

I know ... even if you forget your settings (or lost the file) then you can simply reload it from the hardware and continue or save from there.

They must have heard about the hum problem as they don't have the cables tied together anymore.

As they should ...

Here is a picture of one my amps. I just put a temporary Oak Board on the bottom for a stand. I will build some nice cases later.

Have fun tweaking!

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

And they run very cool as well ! ..................

by Kevin @, Minneapolis, Wednesday, April 10, 2024, 20:37 (17 days ago) @ Bert

They are barely warm after playing music for a couple hours. The Hypex Amps were running so hot, you could barely put your hand on them. Which may have contributed to the DSP Board failures.

RSS Feed of thread