chinese valve amps/ general matching up (Off Topic)

by jdunham @, Wednesday, May 17, 2006, 16:08 (6554 days ago) @ GC

Hi Justin,

Regarding amps - I bought a very low cost Bez 2A3 SET amp as a "back up", and whilst I was upgrading and making my other amps. It is surprisingly good. I paid less than £250 for it brand new, but bought some better valves for it, which improved it quite a bit. There was one that went s/h on ebay recently http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bez-2a3-amp-RCA-SET_W0QQitemZ9718239714QQcategoryZ14973QQssPageNa.... I hear that the Bez 300b SET monoblocks are also very good. The good thing about many of the cheapo ones are that they are a good basis for improvement as long as you choose one that has been wired point to point.

2. The second issue is bass.

You have many choices here from Bert's options which are obviously well regarded and tried and tested. Or there are various other systems as used by others, and this will carry more risk - but could be more fun if experimenting is your sort of thing!

If you look at the pictures of my Oris 200 system in the showroom, you will see my own open baffle bass system. I am really pleased with the results of this, having tried a number of other approaches.

If you are in the UK and fancy a trip to me in Surrey for a listen, then please feel free to get in touch.

Kind regards,

Jonathan

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread