Orpheans, Oris, Quasars and Amps (BD-Design)

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 09:19 (5995 days ago) @ RichardofOz

G'day there !

Allow me to answer a few of your questions from an objective perspective;

First of all, go for the Orphean. Strangely enough, it needs the BD15 Ultra for the good WAF. Only then you'd have the robust strong horn thing. Well, that's what my wife tells me. :clapping:
( http://forum.bd-design.nl/index.php?id=14698 )
Note that it would be my advise to go for "my" design, which is different from the others you might see in the showroom, and of which you sadly can't see much on mentioned picture. But it's about the balance between good sound and looks (it's on a base plate and the port is down fireing). You can see just a tip of the base plate in the low left corner.

But of course it is about the sound.
As you might now I myself am into live instruments through loudspeakers, or, so to say, it is what's my objective is for my (current) life. You could say that what I do with XXHighEnd, Bert does with speakers, and the team that comes from it, just play those live instruments.

Live drums ? you bet. I think a thread is floating around on this forum somewhere, reporting on how we went to a Yamoto concert, bought a CD of them right after the concert, went home, and heard the same.

To feel the push of live normal drums a subwoofer helps, but is not really necessary with the BD15 Ultra (goes straight to 27 Hz). However with things like the odaiko in the background it's another matter :
[img]images/uploaded/image366.jpg[/img]
The 20 Hz or so that comes from it, really needs a subwoofer or two. :grin:
But since I have those ...

The Orphean MK-II is unrivaled I think. I doesn't matter where I go and what I hear, the Orphean outclasses it. Just go for it, you won't be sorry.

A 7 Watt 300B can easily drive them even in a much larger room than yours. Note that the BD15 comes with the BD30 amp with more than enough horsepower to drive the bass units.
Or maybe you can buy the (300B) LadyDays from Bert ...
Or when you REALLY want to do it well, get yourself a couple of CrazyA's ...

Cheers,
Peter

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread