AER MD3 or BMS 4592 ND (BD-Design)

by GC, Sunday, February 10, 2008, 07:00 (5920 days ago) @ daiwok

Can anyone highlight the difference between the two drivers ? Anyone here
who has listened to both or owned both drivers.

I am looking to upgrade from Lowther PM4a.

thanks !

Dear Daiwork

Well...if you already are using PM4a I don't think you will find an exchange to MD3 worthwhile. PM4a is a very nice FR driver. I had both drivers and it takes really something to beat a PM4a given the right circumstances.
I can only guess what kind of cabinet/horn you are using today for your PM4a, but as Peter is also mentioning they are not compatiable just to swap for an Orphean horn with BD-Design modified BMS compression drivers. The Orpheans are in a completely different region and has completely different appeal.
It's easy to achieve a set of Orpheans. All BD-Design intelligence are already built in and the filter too.

If you want to *up-grade* in the FR world I think you can only aim at Feastrex, and better you talk with Bert about that.
To my knowledge he is selling those fantastic full range drivers soon.

I had a session here in Serbia with the Featsrex 9nf http://www.feastrex.com/d9xfamily.html and that showed that if FR lovers want to spoil themselves with the best of the best, this is where you should put your bucks.
These drivers are taking the FR level to a much higher level. And you pay for it.

I'm a user of the Orpeans MKII, and frankly, that has very little to do with the FR world.
The BMS/Orpheans will offer you a much more uncolored, much more detailed and true fidel sound where instruments are sounding exactly like instruments. More music, less driver sound.
They are not fullrangers, but almost. Add a good bass system, such as the compact cabinet and you will find yourself in the 7th heaven. :grin:

GC:cool:

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread