AER MD3 or BMS 4592 ND (BD-Design)

by Don Reid, Rural Northwest Georgia, USA, Monday, February 11, 2008, 21:52 (5919 days ago) @ daiwok

Hi daiwok,

I have Oris 150s. I originally drove these horns with Lowther PM4a's and then following advice from Bert changed over to AER MD3s. I found the advice and the driver change to both be very worthwhile. The change was made years ago, and I have a serious memory problem as a result of a head injury so I am not going to pretend to remember specific differences in sonic details.

I do very clearly remember that after thirty-five years of buying, building and later designing and building speaker systems including closed box, aperiodic, ported, planar magnetic, electostatic, etc. always searching for something that sounded "right and truly musical" when I heard the Oris 150s with the AER MD3s instead of the Lowther PM4As I decided that perhaps I could finally just relax and enjoy the music instead of always searching for better sound. I've made changes in electronics. As for speakers, years later I'm still just enjoying the music.

Bye,
Don Reid

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread