Oris prospect/smaller bass system (BD-Design)

by Veleik, Monday, October 18, 2010, 10:34 (4939 days ago)

Hi guys

I want to get into the (hopefully)wonderful world of Oris horns, but before I do I'd like to get some advice from the Oris community.

I'm thinking of starting out with a FE206E-based system, but I'd like to keep my options open for upgrading the driver along the way. The 200 is smaller than the 150, and for me this is a good thing, so I'd prefer to go with the 200. Does this limit my options in the future, or could I still upgrade to AER/Lowther at a later point?

For the bass system I'd like something smaller than the 15" option provided by BD, maybe a 12", providing a narrower front. Does anyone have some ideas of a suitable 10"-12" driver that could suit the Oris? It would be nice if the price isn't higher than for the BD-15 system.

I have a Bryston 14BSST amp (500-600W), could this amp be an option as a dedicated bass amp, or is it too powerful for high efficiency bass drivers?

Finally, I have a Lyngdorf DPA-1 pre/processor/electronic XO. Could this be used for electronically integrate the bass and horns without needing a passive XO?

My main amps are DIY 300B SET Monoblocks I bought second hand a few years ago. Don't know much about them for the time being, but I plan to have an expert look at them and tell me a little bit about them.

Many questions, I know, but I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks
Veleik

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread