Fostex fe 206e speakers. (BD-Design)

by GC, Monday, April 25, 2005, 17:32 (6941 days ago) @ GC

Hi, I just bought the fostex fe 206e speakers.

The 206E is a wonderful speaker for the money!

That are so nice but, have a bad brightness to them with some music.

Foxtex drivers need at least 200 hours before they begin to play music. I have had experienc with FE166E's (the 206E's little brother) and the FF165K (the 206's younger cousin) as well as the 206E's. Both the 166 & 165 were loaded into Voight type enclosure and needed many hours before they really began to show their true capabilities.

I have the 206Es in an Oris 200 horn right now and they were very bright and conjested at first. They are beginning to settle in now and sound very nice.

Does cables help like dh labs I am using monster cable and a bright onkyo
stereo amp.

I've tried a number of different cables... from the top of the line Cardas Golden Reference to DIY 32 gauge magnet wire from Radio Shack. While they all impart their own sonic signature to the overall sound, think of cables as salt and pepper you add to your food for flavor. If it were me, I would concentrate my focus on electronics before cables.

In my experience, I've found that lower powered tube amps complement the speakers better that high powered solid state. However, once properly broken-in, the solid-state gear will work well. A nice 300B SET will really make them sing :^)

Enjoy your new speakers!

Cheers,
Hat

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread