Foobar V0.9.2 versus V0.83 (Off Topic)

by Flecko @, Monday, August 28, 2006, 23:37 (6451 days ago) @ Bert

Hi Bert,
Sorry for the late answer, I was on holidays.

I just checked and I don't think that I am going to get that package. Its
too complex for just playing my music.

It gets easy when you used to it. I use an option is called "easy audio cd" or something like this. I'm not shure how it calls exactly, I have the programm not installed at the moment...my hifi is not ready at the moment :(
But when you use this it's like a playlist. The only disadvantage is you can not pause when u are listening, but who wants anyway? When you are just listening to 44khz 16bit files you can use the option "audio montage" to make a playlist. Here you can even pause.

A big advantage of this programm is that you can use high quality professional plugins like an EQ (Voxengo's WYSIWYG EQ sounds realy great you don't hear it is "on") to make some correktions to the sound.

My setup is an RME Hammerfall HDSP 9632 as digital source and a Hoerwege PCM 1704 DA-converter (with accumulator). Full active AOS Studio 24 XL with Visaton Basses. Thel saw 30 crossover with accu-current. Thel IQ-Amp for bass amplification and a Helix four channel carhifi amp (No humming, cheap and sounds unbelievebal great), so I have nearly pure accu-current. With this setup I have made a very intense test over days/or weeks??? :)

If you're around then bring your PC setup with you to compare or when I am
near you we could check it at your place.

If you near you are welcome...but at the moment my hifi is not ready. I moved and the new rooms are to small, it is a shame. Meanwhile I am hearing over a build-in soundcard with a yamaha stereo amp and cheap fullrangers...you wouldn't hear any differences. But tell me, perhaps I have somthing made up untill then...

Its too expensive for just a test
and I am not so sure if it sounds better...

There is a demo version. http://www.musica.at/cgi-bin/shareware/jump.pl?ID=203

greetings Adrian

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread