The Ultimate Subwoofer (BD-Design)

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Friday, August 03, 2007, 09:57 (6111 days ago) @ MikeH

what does high SPL generated in a small room from all of those woofers do
to another speaker cabinet?

This is a very good remark (just because I thought about that too, hehe :swoon:).

You could already scope measure it electrically, because each driver acts as a microphone just the same.

Note : I thought about this myself, because Bert has the sub opposite to the Swings, so the sub would blast (the most) direct(ly) onto the Swings' woofers. Btw, it is a very normal procedure to have the sub at the other end of the room, although I would not do that.

In the end it must be important somewhere, were it only because of the papers by mr. Duelund GC referred to (in the other thread). On that matter, what he found, I found too and separately from him; Whatever it exactly is that is behind this thinking (from both him and me), you could say that it is exactly that what makes it legit to have subwoofers around in the first place. It is about the reflecting waves in the room interacting with the speakers. Or better : the speakers interacting with them. It can be wrong and it can be right.

Btw, I did not notice explicit anomalies at Bert's place with his current sub, so all is just theories. On another note, it is XXHighEnd which makes those things (much) more right in the first place.
Complicated stuff ... :yes:

Peter

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread