..ehm..advices needed (BD-Design)

by lucanato @, bari-italy, Thursday, December 13, 2007, 23:53 (5979 days ago) @ Bert
edited by unknown, Friday, December 14, 2007, 00:11

ok
thanks,
oris let you go deeper than an open baffle.

i am not a technician so i caNot imagine solution by myself
if you can advice me the right way to go ,step by step, higher and higher in in hifi level i would appreciate this!!
[img]images/uploaded/image389.jpg[/img]
a friend of mine advice me to extend the dipole surface to go deeper at 180hz(now the cross over is at 500-600) in order to let the lowther playis his wonderfull mid-bass.
but i read in some thread that (in your opinion bert) it can't go deeper than 360hz in a dipole solution (without equalization).

i already told you than i'm buying an active cross over behringer,a 45 based ampli and a gain clone.
and i don't want to have a complete (bass and highs) open baffle but only the lowther side..
so please tell me this:

there are also these products PLLXO i coluld use instead of behringer,but without the possibility of practicing different cutting frequency..
http://www.marchandelec.com/xm46.html

can you tell me if i'm going right?
if it's better to take immediately two pllxo for both the ampli and avoid the active solution?
which is the reasonable cut for that solution?
or you advice me to put immediately an oris in front of the lowther and also extend the surface of the dipole?
which oris(150-200 -250)for 20-25m2 room? i think the 150 are the smaller(in deep or wide)aren't they,which are the differences?
do you experimented any line level equalization on the lowther or any plug that improve them?

at the moment i've to go with a passive pre-amp

please...step by step... let me understand how can i start moving forward..

for whom who told me to save money and wait... wait to buy what??

thanks again

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread