..ehm..advices needed (BD-Design)

by Bert @, Friday, December 14, 2007, 10:31 (5978 days ago) @ lucanato

Hi Lucanato,

and i don't want to have a complete (bass and highs) open baffle but only
the lowther side..

I would go either fully open baffle (Lowther and bass like the Quasar) or both enclosed (same bass but added Oris horn) to have real body and dynamics in the low-mid range of the Lowther.

Making the baffle wider or longer will not help to get the Lowther down to 180Hz, no way! You will need at least a 12dB boost and an open panel is not helping, then you'll need about 18dB boost at 200Hz.

or you advice me to put immediately an oris in front of the lowther and
also extend the surface of the dipole?

In an fully open baffle configuration the Oris 250 will be best, in combination with your present bass system the Oris 150 will be best.

which oris(150-200 -250)for 20-25m2 room? i think the 150 are the
smaller(in deep or wide)aren't they,which are the differences?

The Oris 150 is the biggest horn, the Oris 250 is the smallest...the main difference is their lowest useable frequency and related size.

do you experimented any line level equalization on the lowther or any plug
that improve them?

This depends on the system....no need for things like that with an Oris horn. Without Oris horn you could try yo squeeze out more low-mids from the Lowther but then they do have to work real hard and your 45 amp will not be able to drive that to normal listening levels.

for whom who told me to save money and wait... wait to buy what??

I think this was Gasper trying to explain that it is best to save first (if you are short in money) and buy those things first that do make a difference...

Buying a gainclone and a 45 does not change the speaker system and that is your weakest link in the chain...

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread