Topic changes...back to Digital EQ (Off Topic)

by Don Reid, Rural Northwest Georgia, USA, Saturday, December 22, 2007, 20:04 (5970 days ago) @ Bert
edited by unknown, Saturday, December 22, 2007, 20:56

Bert,

You would be much more convincing if you spent more time and words telling us about the listening sessions when you properly installed and tweaked a good quality DSP such as the DEQX into your system and fairly compared the overall sound of the DSP to your old fashioned analog filters over several listening sessions rather than just telling us why DSP can't work well and why you will never like it.

Do you listen to a very great deal of live UNAMPLIFIED acoustic music on a very frequent basis? Do you or members of your household make such music so that you hear it on a daily basis? What is your musical standard of comparison?

I am a "keeper". I have a number of sound systems including a neat old Columbia horn loaded wind-up floor standing acoustic phonograph my father bought new about 1925. If a short signal path were the key to audio perfection it should sound wonderful. It sounds bad. Yet when electric phonographs were introduced many audiophiles rejected their sound as unatural. Luddites.

Bye,
Don Reid

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread