Don,

You sound frustated, why?

You would be much more convincing if you spent more time and words telling
us about the listening sessions when you properly installed and tweaked a
good quality DSP such as the DEQX into your system and fairly compared the
overall sound of the DSP to your old fashioned analog filters over several
listening sessions rather than just telling us why DSP can't work well and
why you will never like it.

As stated elsewhere before, when in the digital domain the sound is already very much different between software players (all being bitperfect) using exactly the same PC, DAC, Amp and speaker route makes me clear that manipulating is changing things in one way or the other. Call it jitter caused by whatever things used but then in the least possible destroying way.

Add some DSP to it, some IC's and more things will be changed for the worse in that respect already.

Is this not the truth? Or is it ONLY getting better by adding a digital EQ to the system?

You all (i.e. pro digital DSP people) only talk about the major advantages but what do you have lost along the way? Why are you not worried about that?

This part is what worries me the most and not without reason...

Perhaps one needs an honest and transparent system to hear those changes. It will already be more difficult if the source is corrupted beforehand (upsampling, jitter, etc.).

I am not a negative person in general and open to any suggestions but I do want to make it clear that there is more to it then just adding a DEQX to the system and that this is all you need for solving all your problems? :nah:

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread