The biggest ever project in my life (Off Topic)

by JAM @, Wednesday, January 30, 2008, 10:38 (5932 days ago) @ GC

Hi GC (or CrazyG as I have baptised the lates addition to the "Crazy" family...)

Good to see people adressing this topic; this is where it all starts and you are of course aware of that. I have over the years been visiting an incredible number of audiophile people and it is sad to see at what pace and cost they are changing components while their room still remain hopeless and not fitted for proper sound reproduction....

I am duly aware of that many people interested in music and sound reproduction have limited possibilities to actually do very much with their rooms but for those who are lucky enough to do this it is probably the biggest single impact on the finished sound (besides changing to horn speakers of course..)

I am myself in the process of doing exactly the same as you are at the moment; designing a complete "music and listening pavillion" attached to my new house project. Now that world class sound is easily and fairly reasonably available (Crazy-series, BD15's, Orphean's etc.) there is enough spare change left to actually build a nice room surrounding it all! And this is the right way: Less money spent ond corporate marketing, and more money INVESTED in your own real estate (and not to mention the possibility of getting fabulous sound if things are done right!).

I have also been able to do various testings and found out early that it is also about cubic metres, not only square metres. It seems for now I will end up with some 110-120 square metres and a ceiling height of about 3,8 metres at the highest point. Equally important is of course the materials chosen, both for the internal and external surfaces of the floor , walls and ceiling.

If you would like to throw some ideas with one that has been doing a fair amount of "research" and scetches on this topic please feel free to contact me!

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread