Oris 150 Horns Questions (BD-Design)

by Kevin @, Minneapolis, Monday, September 30, 2013, 03:27 (3862 days ago) @ Rudy81

Thanks for your reply.....

Yes, I would like to audition the 150 or the Orphean System. I have heard the Oris 200 at a friend of mine's home. So, I have a general idea. I am trying to figure out if the Oris Horns would be an 'Upgrade' on my system. Bert has indicated that he believes the Orphean System is his current "Best".

As far as the 'timing issue' that you mentioned, I would have probably already run into that with my Altec Horns and Driver. Maybe I just don't notice it or I don't have 'golden ears'. At any rate, that may not bother me in my system or my room.

What I am going for is increased Dynamics and Headroom as I reguarly run a 45 or 2a3 amp for All three of my drivers. Bass Bin, Mid Range and Tweeter. I am amazed that it sounds as good as it does.

I will definitely be giving Bi-amping a try next month as soon as I get my active crossover that I've ordered. It will be an 'experiment' and I can return it, if I don't don't think it will help me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread