Mac vs Windows, now we know.... (BD-Design)

by GC, Monday, April 11, 2005, 00:01 (6955 days ago) @ GC

Hi Werner,

Thank you for the experiment! I was always curious about the differences between the two... :)

I played around with the Windows configuration options a bit more and it seems to be more simple to configure than I thought.

Not easy to teach though (I made some screen shots to make things more clear). The basic way to disable software/hardware is done easy by simply disabling the audio properties of the USB DAC (and Sound Card). All mixer functions, volume control, etc. are then not active anymore (and not in the "way").

First go to the properties settings window (the pictures shown below are in Dutch but it should look equal on all Windows machines/languages) and open the sound options:

[img]images/uploaded/image33.jpg[/img]

Next click on hardware and then select the device you want to configure as shown on the picture below. Do check the other devices like "MIDI", "mixer" and "line" within the same window, all functions should be disabled.

[img]images/uploaded/image34.jpg[/img]

After changing the configuration then do restart the computer...

This is just to optimise Windows standard configuration, settings for Foobar are equally important. No time left at this moment to explain that... first let us see if you are able to change Windows as discribed above and first listen to these changes...

Ciao,

Bert

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread