ALFs OBs (BD-Design)

by ALF, Saturday, August 19, 2006, 01:02 (6467 days ago) @ goon-heaven

The Behringer introduces no time delay...

I asked as I had heard that they had an inherent time delay. So good to
hear thats not the case.

Well Steve, I can't absolutely guarantee that my assertion that there is no time delay is 100% true, but that is my perception, and also what I have been told ... I'm hoping it's true - in the mean time ignorance is bliss ... there certainly appears to be no delay ...

Speaking of delay I think it's mainly that little delay between receiving the "front wave" and the "back wave" that gives the OB concept the addictive character it has.

Bert - if you are reading out there, can you comment on symmetry versus assymetry in Open Baffles? ... in these experimental baffles of mine I offset the drivers to give a different wave travel distance on either side of the baffle ... I have made quite a few OBs over the last few years, and I'm not convinced that this assymetrical driver placement is necessary (but then I'm not absolutely certain that it isn't)... the fact that you have made the placement symmetrical in the Quasars answers this question I guess, but just to be sure ...all this theory muddies my waters considerably :wink:

ALF (on a sunny Saturday morning, feeling just downright irresponsible and in need of multiple espressos):grin:

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread