Jordan JXR6 or JX92S front loading (Off Topic)

by jzagaja, Kassel 34117, Szczecin 70843, Tuesday, November 28, 2006, 08:55 (6371 days ago) @ PeterSt.

Very nice Peter. This are Tractrix horns? What about bass horn cut-off frequency?

Waveguides aren't that simple. You must prove by measurements that this works (back slope CSD, off axis response). Many artefacts can be considered as good sound - for example some distortions (analytical highs) or jagged step response that in bad horns can cause unnatural size of instruments.

Using Foobar and DSP correction is interesting and I did so. From the other side you like NOS-DACs that deliver perfect square wave without ringing. Digital linear crossovers with correction filters rings the same way like OS-DACs. It is interesting for me if this is a real thing to have perfect square wave. I have no experience with NOS-DACs.

Have you seen Dr Earl Geddes Summa Cum Laude? This is proper waveguide implementation.

PS. Do you agree with Olson that many solid state amplifiers will not work with horns and compression drivers because of back-EMF?

--
Jacek Zagaja

Universität Kassel,
Institut für Werkstofftechnik
Kunststoff- und Recyclingtechnik
34125 Kassel, Mönchebergstraße 3

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread