Jordan JXR6 or JX92S front loading (Off Topic)

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Wednesday, November 29, 2006, 16:53 (6358 days ago) @ jzagaja

Couldn't you get some decent equipment first, and listen ?

What kind of equipment? Which brands you have in your mind Peter?

Hi Jacek,

I said this, because I have the strong feeling that communication is a bit difficult because of a different "base". I mean, first you kind of "strict" tell us to connect a NOS-DAC to a toslink connection from a multi I/O card with the gurantee we will never go back from that, then you clearly didn't inform yourself about the content of this forum which is for a rather large amount about the highest quality audio possible, and next you apparently didn't listen to you own suggestion on any decent equipment because it is about commonly known that a toslink connection already is kind of worthless for quality (this sequence can be read randomly).

Forgive me to say so (or state so if you want), but generally this is not about brands but about money. You must kind of accept that when you are into DIY DACs costing a few 100 euro you won't be able to "communicate" in here. Oh, you can, but don't tell e.g. me to do such and so with a promise I will like it. I won't and I know it already. If you only *think* your multi I/O card will do some good (dig-out), you just didn't listen to it, or your equipment is not fit to express the differences.

If the moderator (which I certainly am not !) allows it, I would like to say that this is not a forum with people stating things as such, but that we try to share experiences in the context of peoples' environments, always looking for even better sound than yesterday. Obviously this starts with decent equipment and this may cost a car and more. A multi I/O card is in the other leage, which in the end comes to the super complex world of PC-playback (of which you apparently didn't know it exists :smile: ). Sound cards *do not* have decent DACs or lack the complete workout for proper playback. To get the idea : I use a 1,400 euro soundcard just and only to connect it digitally to my DAC. Not because I like to spend the money, but because only then it works for quality like I can reason it.

If "we" play tracks from harddisk versus CDRom versus from RAM, we hear the difference within a few seconds. Really.

Oh well, I hope I didn't offend you, but in the mean time I felt to respond to your earlier post somehow and I did it like I did it. I hope I explained it a bit now.
Regards,
Peter

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread