Quick questions for an Oris 150 setup (BD-Design)

by Bert @, Tuesday, May 18, 2010, 10:52 (5093 days ago) @ dkalsi

I am hoping I can find a simple solution. I know that when it comes to this hobby, the Oris 150 + Fostex 206 will get me 90% of the way there, but any additional gains will come with substantial $ investment. For now, I am sure will be happy with just getting to the 90% (at least I have convinced myself that I am heading in the right direction).

You could start with a single bass enclosure as the Oris 150's are going down pretty deep on their own. Not optimal but saving half the costs giving you a good head start...you can always save up and build a second one later.

You will also need an amplifier for the bass (I am not sure if this is clear to you?) so perhaps a simple plate amp with build-in crossover and gain control would be decent solution to find and complete the set?

I can't point to another bass driver... but you could look for one with similar specifications (Qts and Fs) and use that driver instead of the BD15's. This way you can build the same bass enclosure(s) which you can upgrade anytime later..

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread