Interesting post at Audioasylum (Off Topic)

by Bert @, Wednesday, July 05, 2006, 09:41 (6505 days ago) @ Eddie

Hi Eddie,

Sorry to bother you again, but I now have the list of dll's exactly as
shown above, the ASIO-dll is the 047a as indicated. When I start Foobar I
can select under Preferences/Playback/Output the options: ASIO (dll
version) and ASIO (exe version). However in both cases I only get an error
message in the console:

This is the reason why you should have removed (or renamed) the whole directory and do a new install with foobar, just to prevent that there are "old" drivers present which should not be there to mix things up.

If you use ASIO4ALL then you do not need any asio.dll drivers. Just select directsound (with the proper output.dll in the components directory).

Read the ASIO4ALL manual, it is mentioned in there.

If you use USB-AUDIO.DE as driver (properly installed) and when you have the asio.dll present in the components directory then you should be able to select this specific driver (usb.audio.de) from foobar in Foobar's playback-asio submenu.

When you have selected ASIO as playback device then it still needs to be configured (hit the settings button) where you can add the real ASIO driver to use if present.

In the components directory you should either use the normal asio.dll (single file) or the exe combined with its own specific asio.dll driver (2 files). If you unpack the downloaded asio file you want to use then make sure that these drivers are in the componenets directory. Also, do not forget to restart Foobar if you have changed files.

Note: All the asio.dll files have the same name but they are all different!

Did you already come to a conclusion about the usb-asio.de driver?

Yes, see my last post... :smile:

Question:

What do you want to use:

USB-AUDIO.DE, ASIO4ALL or the "standard" Foobar output options? Foobar 0.83 or 0.92?

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread