Dynamics (Off Topic)

by soundcheck @, Germany, Friday, February 23, 2007, 10:42 (6284 days ago) @ PeterSt.

Hi Peter.

I have also some kind of theory in mind, which I do not intend to fully express here.

I'd support what you say. The very fast transients making the sound extremely dynamic! If you have an optimised chain starting with the PC, low jitter digital path and a powerful DAC output stage your transients are probably much more energetic than they've ever been before. (That's what I am enjoying now since quite a while. :grin: )

I do not think though that the earlier described behaviour has something to do with the AER drivers! (Though you never know!)

I do not think either that these amps are flawless. The output stages (coils and filters) of the T-Amps are quite important, they need to differ depending on their load!
If done bad that might have an impact. The SMPS also induces ususally extra distortions. Running subwoofers with them ( I am talking about the 2020 range) is a NO-GO for me!

It is hard to conclude that subject at this stage. Too many wild guesses around.
One thing is clear:
At a certain point you have to go for a compromised solution that -- in the end -- is matching your taste.

Cheers
Klaus

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread