Nothing will be changed... (BD-Design)

by Bert @, Wednesday, March 07, 2007, 14:21 (6270 days ago) @ PeterSt.

Hi Peter, again... :wink:

Tell me where the theory of feeling bass waves being better than hearing
them fails. In the given situation of course.

I am not the educated and learned professor trying to prove things but merely use my ears and brain to judge. These tell me much more than theory could prove (at this moment).

I do have some knowledge though, grown in time while being occupied with audio. My theorie:

There is the one bass frequency and if that is low then you should not be able to hear it (this is what you are talking about), only felt if strong enough. In music, there is no one bass frequency ever like common for a low distortion signal generator but a fundamental frequency with all its harmonics which tells you what instrument/source is generating that frequency. You feel the fundamental frequency but you also hear its harmonics and the other way around (if these clean fundamental is not present for whatever reason) then the brain "creates" it for you.

If the harmonically low bass frequency is audible reduced and the sense of feeling is still the same then the signal is cleaner or stripped from its harmonics, the bass becomes less "rich"...

Perhaps you are right perhaps you are wrong, do not scratch that page away too soon.

what you perceive could be correct (in it not being completely right),
and the explanation for that might be a now too steeply rolling off
filter.

You are assuming that the response of the bass is rolling of too soon, are you sure? Did you measure this in your room? Which frequencies are we supposed to feel instead of hearing?

As a side note and as you know, my feeling about your present tuned subwoofers is still the same. Generating more "noise" than they should... :yes:

Now do NOT read *that* as a personal attack to your filter. Because
remember, I do not "complain" ... you do. So this is helping you with
getting your perceivement better (why ? well, because you are the more
experienced), OR let's try to pinpoint what the player is doing wrong.

Huh? When did I complain about that? 30Hz is way down deep enough for me!

In the very end it is about getting it better again, with the means we
have or can think of.

Yes, but it does not help much to theorize too much about specific things if the rest isn't more clear, if you ask me that is... :wink:

Might you even think of getting offended, you know me too; I wouldn't dare
to even think of getting you close to that. :no:

I am not offended, I have an easy cure if that might happen. Did you ever get banned? :grin:

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread