How low does the BD15 go with your enclosure (BD-Design)

by GC, Wednesday, March 07, 2007, 18:50 (6270 days ago) @ PeterSt.
edited by GC, Wednesday, March 07, 2007, 22:09

Hi Peter and Bert for that sake too....

I just came back from my bike ride and what happens if I'm absent from the PC just two minutes? P&B :idea:'s and much more.
I thought I should have a sip of wine and just find an empty forum with no posts. Maybe provoke someone or post something interesting never ever posted before, which all who now me by now, rarely see :prankster:

Now I learn, reading your patchwork of intelligence 2-bit-stream brain exchange (Banned by Moderator), that I have to drink herb tea to stay tuned and balance along the line of the thread just to add my 1-bit "way off topic" contribution.

But obviously the tea will do me no good, as tea never does, so just one comment. OK two then or twoandahalf:

1) I my opinion deep rumble "can" be felt and "can" be heard. So the need of "modifying" my first expression "only felt" from the upper post, as I claimed much more could be said about it and I wanted it to be kept simple. (Improves my own understanding of what I'm writing here).
"Felt" because it's proved that our Tympanies etc are not responding to very deep (read=long) waves regardless the amount of energy enclosed.
"Heard" because long waves doesn't stand alone. Never. They always collect harmonics from surroundings and from the physical instrument that created those lows.
We know it from differential tones. No one can hear a 40 Khz tone, right? But we can certainly hear the difference if we apply that 40 KHz tone to an audible 8 Khz tone. It sounds different now.

Of course we dont have to discuss the "felt"-thing as a stand alone subject as everyone can feel a bomb blasts low DC frequency.

If your player, Peter, can dig out that much Felt'n'Heard info from a rip, it is with deep respect I follow your observations in version 1,2 and 3...
It is resolution in the words most extreme interpretation.

Royal Albert Hall, DECCA 2000 recordings, and some very good recorded CD's let us hear the soup of waves fading out and arrives at almost silence, after the orchestras trutti passage Tsunami peak-sound blast wave. In that soup fade-out we hear and feel this, how can I say it, wind blowing? Air preassure changes in the deep deep lows contained in the hall?

I do think though that we only are left with the feeling thing, if no hamonics merged into that soup.

Now to the:

2) Now if I can register the above, not being present in Royal Albert Hall, it must mean that I register it from my speakers, my back-end as well and with my ear/body relationship and it's connection to what's left of my brain.
(D A M N Tea)

But hello boys and girls. We hear that with our ordinary (Sorry Bert) speakers.

I havn't heard any set-up, might it be a SWING like thing or similar added a subwoofer, that benefitet from flat response to DC.
The room thing, you know...not standing waves, which is another phenomenon.

I will claim as in my first post in this thread, that we should aim at a "enough" lows target and leave the brain to do the interpolation of what might be found below 10 Hz or whatever. If we hear the harmonics from those low soupsounds the brain will tell us what was there.

Conclusion:

The GC should dig out as much as it can leaving the felt and heard, shall we say, audible at the same time. Not the one or the either. Both.

The speakers should slowly shut up at lowest 30 Hz for most rooms and that is so elegantly acheived in the SWINGs as they are aperiodically damped bass reflexed/slotted back systems which offer a smooth rool off due to the realised rather low Qt. And then again being incorporated the "anti-behaviour" of "the box in the box" unavoidable build up in the lower bass region in our listening environment.

Thanks God the tea is cold now and I just sipped to it...:whistle:

GC

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread