goodsoundclub diy hornspeaker forum (Off Topic)

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Sunday, September 17, 2006, 23:06 (6430 days ago) @ angeloitacare

Hey Angelo,

i learnd a lot on Romys forum. I bought Bert 's Orpheans blind, meens
without hearing,they did not arrive, so i caNot judge with my ears, but i
am quit ansious after all i read here in the forum abought them. Of course
Romy can only talk abought his own experience with the Bms drivers. Its
really not everyones job to make a speaker sound well, i know how
difficult this is, as i grown up seeing my father desesperating i dont
know how many times , because his speakers didnt sound as they should.

In fact I kind of tried to "defend" your buy because I felt great sympathy with you, my father too effortlessly building his speakers, even from sewer pipes (which is btw rather "official" because of few resonance etc.). I just didn't allow some not-knowing to blow off your precious dreams !

Another kind of story is that I still own all my fathers attempts of speakers, and as I told Bert (ask him !) he has been the only one so far to superceed my own findings about speakers, which includes my father's which by now really are from a far past universe. :wacko:
My father played in an orchestra himself, and was a teacher at the conservatorium, and his aim was perfection and nothing but that. I have this as a "virtue" from him ... :dancing:
I'd really like to promise you that if the Orphean doesn't perform as how you expected, I'm personally going to help you (somehow :thankyou:).

I caNot understand, why in the graphic of bert's orpheans the curve of the
bms with his horns go til 220hz, if in the official site, with the bms
original horns, witch hornmouth is pretty the same big as Bert's
Hornmouth, goes only til abought 400 - 450 hz. Also, if one horn really
can reproduct such a bandwith as the orpheans accurately, i can judge only
after hearing them.

I think you have an important point here;
At one stage I really found things wrong, but as I told Bert : I won't go measuring (which I just can) because I trust what you do, and something must be wrong. And it was ...
From what I'm hearing now, there's not any necessity to distrust anything, and all sounds as coherent as should be.

What i can imagine, is that a big mid bass horn, like of the trios,
probably would add more body to the sound. If Bert's chassis really are
the non plus ultra, i don't know.

Okay, be careful here !
Again, Bert knows that after a first attempt of calibrating all in my room, I was talking about things like "fast moving waves without pressure". This, possibly because of the psychological thing of knowing about the excelleration of air (waves) because of the small mouth. Might you experience something like this, just shout that something must be wrong. Bert has the experience (for sure by means of "aNoying-me"), and he's just able to know what's wrong. How difficult that is from a distance ... I don't know. Just trust it for now.

Regards,
Peter

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread