BD-30 as fullrange alternative (BD-Design)

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Friday, February 16, 2007, 15:20 (6289 days ago) @ leifchristensen
edited by unknown, Friday, February 16, 2007, 15:24

Hi Leif,

I hope to be ahead of Bert with an answer, so it will be more difficult for him. And Bert, this is no teasing, and for me merely about this loner not using the BD30, "just because I did not want to". We didn't even talk about the subject, let alone that I know why. So here goes :

My first question could be : what kind of class D it is inside the BD30.
Actually, I don't need an answer at this place, but I wonder anyhow, because this too was never a subject (between me and Bert), while it *is* a subject obviously to look for a class D amp ...

For Leif : indeed, like Bert said, this is for the replacement of his LaydyDay, and not for *his* BD30 (ok, afaik). For me it is about replacing two SS stereo blocks, where I just didn't want the BD30. Again, without reasons, and now I just don't have the BD30's.

Now, the reason why I personally would think why this thread could be interesting, is that *I* do not understand (at all) how it is possible that the quality of the sound (also from the bass !) is determined by the "main amp", i.e. the amp providing the mid/high with juice. But, at the same time it feeds the bass amp, and in that case the mid/high amp is acting as a pre-amp. That is what I understood anyway.
Nevertheless, I can't get it out of my head that the bass amp will produce its own character into the BD15 speakers, so that's probably why I don't want it. For me it is "a" amp, and chances that that one is the best are zero. Mind you, if indeed the sound it produces matter.

Of course for Bert this implies money, and maybe that is why the subject has remained unspoken (I don't interfere whith anyone's ways of income).

Leif turned it, very reasonable, the other way around;
"If the BD30 is so good, what are you guys troubling yourself with".
The answer to that is (from logic) clear anyway : it is not.

So the question which remains is : how much does / will it matter in the (filter) setup as provided by Bert.
Oh, commercial answers won't do !
:blrrr:
Peter

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread