BD-30 as fullrange alternative (BD-Design)

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Friday, February 16, 2007, 18:53 (6289 days ago) @ Bert

Ok Bert, reset ... :evil:
Please note this is not about working out who said what and what was wrong about it, but it's merely an attempt to make you understand a bit how I think and decide ...

First of all, I told in the other thread the discussion would be interesting (or similar). Wonder o wonder, it happens again (same with the first NF thread of GC). This by itself should "speak".

Now, skipping most parts, I can tell you that nor I nor you wanted to push anything (in whatever past, the BD30 being a subject). To me this is about respect. Right. From both sides btw.

Now here is this question from Leif, being exactly my question, although he puts it the other way around : why not have the BD30 for main amp, if you are looking for a class D anyway.
I twisted that back to my question : why would the BD30 be the best of amps for bass, if at the same time it never was a discussion. Do note that this latter tells me enough : it isn't good enough FOR ME.
Remember (like I sure did this afternoon) that you asked me "shouldn't you try it", which is a silly question at the moment I buy a BD15 and I have amps which are not questioned by me, BUT I want better if possible, and less using KWh for sure (so yes, that is a subject, for those who imply it will not be -> somewhere in this thread I think).
In the end what's silly about the question is that I don't want to spend 2 x GCx bucks for something I don't NEED.

Now you respect my meaning on that, and I respect your selling of the BD15.
I never said (nor thought !) it was wrong or sounded such that it could be better, and you never told me my bass amp ... the same.
And therewith the whole thing is not a subject.

But it is. It is for those who have the option of making the best of it, assuming there are better things than a BD30. That is, I wouldn't know why not, and you didn't talk about it (until your last post), nor did I ask.
What I do know, however, is that there's no reason not to sell the BD30 together with the BD15, just like a subwoofer comes with its active amp.

Please try to imagine those in-brain processes, and nothing is wrong with nothing ...
Until ... until I -via Leif- ask you the question on paper for the first time, KNOWING that it must be a rubbish statement from your mouth that the sound from the bass is determined by the main amp. No matter what you say, to me this is just rubbish, apart from the pre-amp principle, which makes it right for say, 20%.
Now again understand the in-brain process : I now very explicitly ask for the truth (so, end-of-respect-period), and the only thing you come up with (at first), is that you skip the question because I don't understand.
Again the in-brain process then tells me the BD30 is a hoax.

Please Bert, I just explained in the above how a nerd like me operates with the data he receives. I do not -AT ALL- want to call the BD30 a hoax. But you leave nothing else by your (not) answers. Go through it again if you like, but don't forget the context of the past and my questions accordingly.

As long as I now know that the bass amp matters as much as the main amp, I'm okay. If you'd admit that now, at last I got the answer, and again, I asked for 10 times at least. The only thing I don't understood is how what you said could be true. Well, it isn't.
For that matter, you should not answer my normal question with a "you don't understand". You could say that you caused that yourself the least.

Another thing :
If you by now seriously think that the BD30 could be an option in today's setup and all, I will be very happy to buy FOUR instead of zero.
The only strange thing again is, that it needs a fight like in this thread to make you think like this ? My brain told me that sure the BD30 couldn't be good enough, otherwise you would have connected a pair more to your own system, instead of risking the explosions of NF amps, my time spent on further stuff and all. But you did not.
Maybe I'm too simple : if you do not propose that or even start talking about it, the BD30 is less in any case. I know, by now you explained it as being too cold for being a main amp. But you know me, there's no way an amp - too cold for mid/high- can suffice for bass. Only when it's less, and for bass it's so called less important, this can be a reason FOR YOU. If I would have thought like that, I would have had 2 BD30's by now.
[small print]... about now[/smallprint]

Peace Bert. If you can agree with the (hmm ... mine :attention: (smiley coming up !) real subject (the bass amp matters), let's close this discussion.
Peter

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread