BD-30 as fullrange alternative (BD-Design)

by Bert @, Friday, February 16, 2007, 17:39 (6289 days ago) @ PeterSt.

Peter,

You should drink less coffee (just assuming that this is causing hyper reactions and "fuzyy" questioning).

Did you read any of the usefull answers I did give (you are not responding to that either) or are you only focussing on answers for questions I have to read in between the lines all the time?

I guess we do not communicate very well. What does work for me is to get clear questions from which you want the answer and ( my brain isn't so fast) one at the time, then I can answer properly.

You blaim people for mixing topics but it would help if you would be more clear with your messages. Sometimes I am getting pretty dizzy when reading them without understanding what you are talking about? Perhaps it is my guessing that is trickering the wrong answers (or none at all)?

You start to talk rubbish as well, unless you want to say something
different. What do you mean "try" ? did I close my ears al the time
listening to hem, or what *do* you mean ?

From the first moments you expressed to me that you do not want to use the BD30 for the bass without second thoughts (at that moment). I respect that and from that moment I hardly mentioned the amp to you so why trying to push you towards the BD30 after? And yes, you have listened to the amps through the Swing's and we never discussed it any further. If I am as commercial as you say so then I would have pushed you towards the BD30.

Peter, in many things you have your own agenda and preferences. Most based on technical information. I tried to express myself for several occasions that it is NOT all about specifications and you are not truely open for that yet. You still want to prove things and in my experience this is useless... same situation why you do not see anything usefull in Eddie's PC-Audio "manual" (don't start to argue with this here, new topic!)

But I now your ever answer my Bert : the mid/high amp acts as a pre-amp.
So much for principles ... so all is clear now. NOT.

What is it that you do not understand? See a pre-amp as a normal amplifier or see a normal amp as a pre-amplifier. It is the same principle used with both.

Both amplify the signal in the same way. 100mV and 1V out for a pre (as an example) and 1V in and 10V out for a main amplifier!

The only difference between a pre-amplifier and a normal amplifier is that the pre-amplifier is not desinged to drive a loudspeaker (high current) but mereley a simple resistive load.

How much do you understand about electronics? You will need some basic knowledge about that to understand the principle used for the passive line filter and the use of the main amp as pre-amplifier... if not then you'll never understand.

[...] it was designed for optimal bass performance

Is that the reason why I shouldn't question it ?
Is it therewith the best there is ?

There is no reason to not questioning anything but perhaps it would help me if I would understand the reason why you are asking too?

Ciao,

Bert

--
BD-Design - Only the Best!

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread