amplifier for orphean horns (Off Topic)

by PeterSt. ⌂ @, Netherlands, Friday, December 01, 2006, 04:56 (6364 days ago) @ angeloitacare

is chip amp a new method od amplification ?)

:heart:

Hi Angelo,

I think the Red Wine Sig30 would be my amp. This is what I got from the 6moons review (pfff over 1 hour of reading) :

One specific application where the Signature 30 would shine like no tomorrow is ultra-sensitive hornspeakers. Traditionally the focus of micro-power valve amps, the innate self noise endemic to such devices when spotlit by 110dB+ speakers makes them simultaneously unsuitable (hum and hiss) and attractive (sonics). With similar sonics and zero noise, the 30 now becomes the winning lottery ticket. Plus, its built-in attenuator makes gain matching for multi-way horn systems with varying sensitivities per driver child's play. And the double plus - to get all this for the money asked rather than the steep fees premium micro-power SETs tend to command is simply designer gravy with buckets of cream in it. The same holds true for any bi- or multi-amp scenarios without the gain matching provisions of active crossovers.

and

Variable outputs allow for bi-amp or subwoofer scenarios. A premium DacT attenuator -- remote volume a $299 option -- allows for (but doesn't mandate) source-direct connection.

For me this will be the ultimate "solution";
The amp is great (I accept that without listening), and it just needs two + remote control for bi-amping. The main point is : no active or passive pre-amp needed ! It's all in there. And all as direct as possible.

Btw, here is a picture of such a chip amp. The chip is the 1 cm wide thingy on the left of this. I didn't look it up, but I think the Tripath TK2051 chip in the Sig30 contains a 4 x 30 W amplifier. It will save me 5,000KWh per year ! :grazy:

[img]images/uploaded/image159.jpg[/img]

Peter

Tags:

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread